Friday, February 18, 2011

teance

Tea Time!

One of my dearest friends treated me to some artisan brewed tea at 'teance' in Berkeley yesterday. This was my first visit to a tea bar and I must say I loved every minute of it. Tasting tea is a little similar to wine tasting as you will enjoy the aromas of each tea and learn about the varieties. My favorite was the "Phoenix Single Grove" with a honey fragrance and mild sweetness. Most interesting to me was the brewing process. (While I don't microwave my water at home to make tea, I do not time the boiling of the water nor do I use a tea pot for steeping.) With green teas for example, you don't want the water to be too hot or it will burn the tea yielding an unpleasant taste. If you haven't been tea tasting yet, I recommend 'teance' in Berkeley.
My dear friend from high school, Cindy, on the right.

Enjoying a cup of the "Phoenix Single Grove"

teance - peaceful. Wonderful artisan teas.

Tea Bar

This bar was amazing; filled with fossils and even gemstones I believe.

The bathroom sink was awesome.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: